Tuesday, June 26, 2018

GreenWorks MO40L02 Review



Best GreenWorks mo40l02 Review

Gave this  GreenWorks mo40l02 lawn mower a few uses before I decided I absolutely needed to write a review. I decided to write this in the hopes that I can prevent people from making the same poor decision I made by purchasing this lawn mower. It is plain and simply put a deficient piece of garbage. Batteries lose their juice way too fast to be productive at all. I have a total of three batteries I purchased and it’s still not enough to complete my front lawn and back without at least 3-4 charges. I’m on less than half acre lot.

The engine constantly shuts off when mowing over longer grass. I constantly have to restart the GreenWorks mo40l02 just to do simple mowing. I even spent about another $100 bucks to buy the 40 volt 5.0 AH battery thinking that would help with the torque. But sorry to say that hasn’t helped at all. The GreenWorks mo40l02 just doesn’t have enough power to tackle my lawn. And I have a regular lawn, not some super challenging landscape.


I think the battery powered tech just might not be too advanced yet when it comes to lawn mowers at least. I’m gonna cut my loss and the $500 I spent altogether on this piece of junk. I’m going back to the power and reliable power of a gas lawn mower.


Rating 1/5

Best GreenWorks mo40l02 Review

Bought this lawn mower a few months ago from Menards when it is was not yet available from Amazon. On the whole it is a great lawn mower. The motor has plenty of power to cut even thick grass and it is really quiet. But you will need a second battery unless you have a really small yard. I also like that the handle folds down and locks. This makes the GreenWorks mo40l02 easy to pick up with the folded handle and put into a vehicle for transport.

A couple minor design issues that are annoying: The side discharge shoot is not really held on securely and will come off if you bump into anything with it. I know I am probably old fashioned to even use it, but I don't like bothering with a bag and using it in mulching mode slows it down and uses up the battery too fast. Also, the battery is very difficult to remove from the
GreenWorks mo40l02 lawn mower. You have to press on the release bar while pulling it out, but the battery does not stick out enough to get a good grip on it. I have found that a paint can opener provides just the amount of extra leverage to get the battery out. Keep the paint can opener in the spare battery compartment. 

Also a peculiarity with the GreenWorks mo40l02 battery charger: I don't know if this is normal or just an issue with the one I have, but if you have just run down the battery while mowing and then put the battery on the charger right away, the charge light will turn green very quickly and it will not charge. I have to let the battery rest 10-15 min before putting it on the charger.

Rating 5/5

No comments: